- Dates: 7 – 14 May 2017
- Where: North A Coruña region – Galicia – Spain
- Distance: 550 kilómetros
- Race time:
- 75 hours for the first teams
- 120 hours for complete the course
- Disciplines: Trekking, mountain bike, coastering, kayak, ropes
- Team categories:
- ARWS Mixed Teams of 4 members
- Teams of 2 members (they will race out of official ranking)
- ARWC qualification:
- First team receives free entry to ARWC
- Second team receives a guaranteed spot to ARWC
- First national team receives a guaranteed spot to ARWC
- Prizes: 6.000€
- Other prizes: sponsors products
- The basic entry fee will include:
- Accident insurance
- Race logistics:
- We will be transporting all of your kit between transitions.
- Each racers will have a personal bag or box of maximun 25kg.
- Each team will have a bar or box for the paddles and PFDs (personal flotation devices).
- No bike boxes will be needed for the race.
- Ropes installation
- Team transport from and to the A Coruña airport on 6 and 14 of May.
- Official videos and photos coverage
- GPS tracker rental
- Saturday 6:
- Transport of teams from the A Coruña airport
- Teams reception on race headquarters.
- Sunday 7:
- Teams registration and mandatory gear check. Rope skills test
- Technical Briefing y Raid Book hand in
- Opening Ceremony
- Prerace dinner
- Monday 8: Raid Gallaecia Expedition Race start
- Thursday 11: Winners arrive at finish line
- Saturday 13:
- Race closes
- Price giving ceremony
- Celebration dinner
- Sunday 14: Transport of teams to the A Coruña airport
RACE RULES AND MANDATORY KIT
The Raid Gallaecia Expedition Race is part of the Adventure Racing World Series and as such we will use the standard ARWS rules of competition and also some complementary event rules.
The mandatory equipment list will be published in the next months, but it won’t be very diferent to the one used in 2015 edition, that can be downloaded from this link.