- Dates: 11th – 19th May 2019
- Where: Viveiro, North Lugo region – Galicia – Spain
- Distance: 500 kms
- Race time:
- 75 hours for the first teams
- 120 hours for complete the course
- Disciplines: Trekking, mountain bike, kayaking, caving, orienteering and ropes
- Team categories:
- ARWS Mixed Teams of 4 members
- Teams of 2 members (they will race out of official ranking)
- ARWC qualification:
- First team receives free entry to ARWC
- Second team receives a guaranteed spot to ARWC
- First national team receives a guaranteed spot to ARWC
- Prizes: 6.000€
- Other prizes: sponsors products
- The basic entry fee will include:
- Accident insurance
- Race logistics: we will be transporting all of your kit between transitions.
- Ropes installation
- Team transport from and to the Santiago de Compostela airport on 9, 10 and 19th of May.
- Official videos and photos coverage
- GPS tracker rental
You can download the racer guide from this link (it also includes de mandatory equipment)
- Thursday 9th and Friday 10th of May:
- Bus shuttle of teams from the Santiago de Compostela (SCQ) airport and last days to do shopping
- We recommend to all the participating teams that need to do shopping at the last day and need some time to organize their race boxes/bags, to arrive on Thursday 9th to do all that shopping on Friday.
- Saturday 11th of May:
- 09:00 - 13:00 Teams registration, mandatory gear check and official photo
- 19:00 Technical Briefing and Raid Book hand in
- 22:00 - 23:30 Organization will pick up all the race boxes/bags at the hotel Thalasso Cantábrico Las Sirenas
- Sunday 12th of May:
- 08:00 Bus shuttle from the hotel to the race start point
- 08:30 Arrival to the race start point (Box-Bike will be there)
- 09:00 Maps delivery, section 1 and 2
- 10:00 RG 2019 starts!
- Wednesday 15th of May:
- 14:00 aprox. Winners arrive at finish line
- Saturday 18th of May:
- 14:00 Race closing time
- 20:00 Awards ceremony
- 22:00 Dinner and closing party RG 2019
- Sunday 19th of May:
- Transport of teams to the Santiago de Compostela airport
NOTES ABOUT REGISTRATIONS
ARWS Mixed Teams registrations
20 first SPOTS: 2.300€
From 21 to 40: 2.650€
- Accommodation included in Resort Las Sirenas
- 3 Nights included (10th, 11th and 18th of May).
- All accommodations have a kitchen.
- Housing for 5 people (4 racers and 1 team media)
Registration price: 1.000€
- Registration doesn't include accomodation
- If you need accommodations, contact with us in firstname.lastname@example.org
RACE RULES AND MANDATORY KIT
The Raid Gallaecia Expedition Race is part of the Adventure Racing World Series and as such we will use the standard ARWS rules of competition.