embalse de Ullibarri Gamboa - País Vasco / Euskal Herria
October 07, 2018 09:00 (CEST)
Swimrun race in the north of Vitoria-Gasteiz city, in Spain, in the surroundings of the beautifull Ullíbarri Gamboa natural reservoir and lake with finish line in Club nautico Aldayeta.
There will be 2races taking place on October 2 nd (33 total km long race and to18.2 km short race)
The long race is made up in 44 legs (22 transitions) of swimming and running. The short race is made up in 21 legs (10 transitions) of swimming and running, the last 22 legs of the long race.
The longest leg of swimming will be 580 mt and the shorter 100 mt.
The longest leg running will be 6,080 mt and the shorter 110 mt.
Total distance to be covered, adding the different sections will be according to the category:
• Short distance: 17.4600 mt running + 3.020 mt swimming
• Long distance: 29.375 mt running + 5.895 mt swimming
Athletes safety is the most important point to ensure in our race, therefore:
• Epic Landus Swimrun is practiced in teams of two athletes.
• When swimming, no more than 10 meters is allowed for team members to be separate (recommended to be linked by an elastic cord of 10 meters maximum length) and less than 50 meters when running.
• The swimming legs will be monitored.
• There will be Doctor and ambulance.
• There will be multiple aid for hydration and food.
• All teams will benefit from gps tracking (tracking in real time as well as positioning).
• Athletes must have (triathlon, or swimming, or athletics, or mountain) license, or a certified physician letter confirming they have physical ability to practice swimrun.
• Swimming cap (provided by the Organization).
• Running shoes.
• Swimming glasses.
• Whistle for each athlete.
•1 first aid kit.
• Hand paddles / swim gloves
• Pull-buoy (maximum dimension allowed 100cmx40cm).
• Backpack hydration.
• Food and drink.
SHORT RACE MAP / HEAD SWIMRUN SERIES
LONG RACE MAP
Registrations process: Closed Registration process finished on 01 Oct 23:59 (CEST)
Participants limit amount: 70